Recently did a cool small scale lino cut and enjoyed how the process went. I used a combination of both the standard inking method for lino cuts as well as screen printing to get the final print. Check it out.
First the lino was inked as normal using a roller. In this case the design to be cut was done freehand direct onto the linoleum. A trick I've been enjoying lately is spritzing a small bit of water onto the ink before printing. Gives it a cool watercolor effect, no print looks the same using this process so it has it's plus's/minus's.
After printing I dug it but it wasn't quite complete enough for me. Here's the part I enjoyed. Using acetate I drew in details I thought would look cool directly over the print. Since the acetate is already clear (essentially a film) I used that to create a silkscreen with my artwork on it.
All of the small black details on the final print were part of my doodling that eventually became a part of each print. Excited about the finals. Each one looks unique, but each has the screen printed black details to anchor them.
Mix of speedball and jacquard ink on 100 weight french paper.
All artwork/images property of zach merrill. (c) zachmerrillprints 2014